Suspended License / Car Impound
- California Vehicle Code (VC) 14601.1
- California Vehicle Code (VC) 14601.2
Consequences and Penalties for Driving While Suspended
A number of dangers are associated with driving on a suspended driver’s license:
- The vehicle being driven, whether it is your vehicle or not, will probably be impounded for a 30-day period.
- You will need to appear in court to face a misdemeanor charge (California VC 14601.1) for driving while on a suspended license. This can result in:
- $1,000 fine
- Two points on your license
- Criminal record
Did Your Vehicle Get Impounded?
Vehicle Code (VC) 14601.1 – Driving on a suspended license that results in your vehicle being impounded
If the driver of a vehicle has a suspended license, regardless if that person does not own the vehicle, the police can have the vehicle impounded.
For handling this case in Los Angeles County, we can assist with the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), the court, and the police department.
See: What to Do When Your Vehicle Is Impounded
Driving While Suspended Because of a DUI – Vehicle Code (VC) 14601.2
If you were arrested for a DUI and caught with a suspended driver’s license, followed by being issued a ticket for VC 14601.2 (driving on a suspended license due to a DUI), this is an extremely serious charge. The law requires that you complete the following, at the very minimum:
- Spend up to 10 days in jail
- Pay a fine of $1,000
- End up with two points added to your license
- Install an ignition interlock device on the steering wheel of your vehicle
Get informed by visiting our DUI website. Next, if your arrest occurred in Los Angeles County, you need to contact one of our reputable Los Angeles DUI attorneys immediately. Traffic Clinic prides itself with decades of experience fighting DUI case in Southern California.
Call us for at 844-999-9987 for Free Consultation on your case and let one of our experienced Traffic Attorneys at Traffic Clinic assist you.
For Help Getting Your Driver’s License Reinstated, You Can Depend on Us
Top-Rated Los Angeles Traffic Ticket Attorneys
For a suspended license in Los Angeles County, we can provide the following assistance:
- Identify existing issues that you have with the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
- Work to correct any DMV problems that would allow you to have your driver’s license reinstated quickly
- Appear in court on your behalf to:
- Clear up your Failures to Appear (FTAs) or Failures to Pay (FTPs)
- Bring your license to valid status