Suspended California Driver’s License
If you have discovered that your driver’s license is at risk of being suspended or that it has already been suspended after receiving a letter from the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), you need to do the following:
- Become educated about the dangers of driving on a suspended license.
- Determine the reason(s) for your license being suspended, which will allow us to be more efficient in providing help.
- Take immediate action before the situation worsens. In reality, you may have just days to take the appropriate steps to get your license back.
Determining if Your Driver’s License Is Suspended
The first step involves calling the DMV. For all California cities, the California DMV phone number is 916-657-6525.
When talking to a representative, be sure to obtain the following information:
- Ticket number
- Location of the courthouse associated with the problem ticket
Failure to Appear (FTA), 40509.5 Holds, and DMV Holds
If the reason for your driver’s license being suspended has to do with traffic tickets that evolved into a Failure to Appear, 40509.5 Hold, or DMV Hold, you will need to get in touch with us immediately. As long as the issue is in Los Angeles County, we can help clear up your license.
Living Out of Town or Out of State
If you actually live in a city outside of Los Angeles but received a traffic ticket in Los Angeles County, call us right away so that we have the opportunity to take quick and appropriate action in clearing up a suspension without the need for you to come back to be in court in person.
If you live in a different state and were issued a ticket while in Los Angeles County but have not taken care of it as of yet, more than likely, your state’s Department of Motor Vehicles will be contacted by the California DMV. At that point, you will not be able to renew your license or secure a new license in the state where you live until the issue in California is resolved.
To clear up issues pertaining to your driver’s license, we can help.
Getting Your License Returned
There are several reasons that the California DMV suspends driver’s licenses. Depending on why your license was suspended, we can provide the appropriate advice.
To learn more, click on any of the six common reasons for a license suspension:
- Failure to Appear (FTA)
- Senior Driver Issues
- Accident with No Insurance
- Under 21 Drinking and Driving
- Too Many Points on Your License (Negligent Operator)
- Car Impounded Due to Suspension for FTAIf you act now, you can save your license and still enjoy driving. Remember, it is important that you schedule a hearing with the DMV immediately!
Requesting a HearingYou have the right to schedule a hearing with the DMV for the following reasons:
- Questions regarding driving ability
- Too many points on your driver’s license record
- Uninsured accident
California Traffic Clinic AttorneyWe can help you with a suspended driver’s license in Los Angeles County by performing the following tasks:
- Determining the problem(s) with the DMV.
- Working on a solution that will get your license returned as quickly as possible.
- Going to court on your behalf so that you do not miss work or stand in long lines.
- Clearing up any Failure to Appear or Failure to Pay issues.
- Getting you a valid license.
- Driving on a Suspended License
- Suspended License (Four Points)
- DMV Hearing